Skip to main content

My Shawl

 

 

It is a blue and brown shawl with violet hanging threads. It has very intricate designs, of mangoes, flowers, rectangles, leaves, stars and whatnot. It’s my favourite and keeps me warm on a chilly night. I sometimes drape it on my knees when I am sitting at my desk. I could say that it is one of my symbols or something that defines my individuality. The violet and white threads at the ends of the shawl are either hanging loose or knotted together like a braid. It hangs on the back of the sofa, which I am using as a table. The sight of it helps me relax and think of warm, fuzzy and happy thoughts. But just thinking that I, alone, in the center of my universe; makes me feel less important than what I claim on myself. So I notice that I digress from “my shawl” and decide it's time to look at it and admire the warmth and cosiness of its texture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Want to Know About My Stray Cat and Her Kittens?

     Did you know that there are 91 lakh street cats in India? (Src: India Today ) “ The population of pet cats in India amounted to nearly two million in the year 2018 and the population was forecast to reach approximately two and a half million by the end of year 2023 .”, as per Statista.com. Domesticating an abandoned cat is an eventful and joyous journey. Do you want to know my story? So you can see if it's possible to take on one too?                           My stray cat is Kitty. She first came to my terrace with her mother when she was tiny. When I tried to give her milk then, she hissed at me. Her mother took her to the ground floor. My mother-in-law used to feed the mother cat and Kitty with milk, rice, and curd. One day, she came back with a bit of her ear nipped off. Maybe she had gotten in a fight. After a few months, my daughter and I tried calling her from my terrace. My daughter guided and helped her get on the parapet to my terrace. After many attempts, she star

This Is the Dream I Had When I Woke up Today Morning

                    I am living on the first floor of a bungalow, with the stairs opening into my living room. The room has a double-seater sofa and two single-seaters. The sofa covers are made of cream and brown threads in a checked pattern. The frame of the sofa is dark brown in color.                       The living room floor is covered with light brown wooden tiles. The room is quite large and so a part of it is used as the dining area. This area has a circular glass table that serves as the dining table. The dining table chairs are black and silver in color, with black seats.                     An enclosed shelf consisting mostly of books is a part of the dining area. The wooden shelf also holds souvenirs from the countries I have lived in. The upper section consists of adult books, while the lower section has children’s books. There is a pot on top of the shelf, from which hangs the soft branches of a money plant. It adds a green touch to the mostly brownish hue of the room.