I started my attempts at vegetable gardening a few months back. On one of my morning walks, I bought a kilogram of soil from a small, local nursery. The soil was dark black. I microwaved a slightly ripe tomato till the juices of the pulp started oozing out. Once it cooled down, I scooped out the pulpy seeds and sprinkled in my soil. I had an aluminum pressure cooker that I converted as a pot. For a few days, I religiously watered the pot. I was overjoyed when shoots of green started appearing. But, unfortunately, the leaves started to brown inspite of the regular watering.
Then I decided to buy the seeds. So I bought chili, spinach and tomato seeds from my local nursery lady. This time, spinach showed some signs of germination. But alas, they too wilted away. Not wanting to give up, I ordered grow bags, more soil and a wide collection of seeds from Amazon. Not to regret that I didn't try well enough, I got epsom salt too. Well, it's supposed to nourish the soil and aid the growth of vegetables. But I wouldn't vouch for it as none of the seeds took to life. Not to be deterred and help from so.e o line videos, I sowed gain bulbs. To my joy, they are indeed "shooting up". So my final hope is garlic.
These are the travails of an initially enthusiastic vegetable grower.
Comments
Post a Comment